Follow Studio 41Follow us on Facebook
17 June, 2011
Who Invented Microwave Ovens?
Apparently it was the Nazis, for use in their mobile support operations. They originally developed microwave “radiomissor” cooking ovens to be used for the invasion of Russia. By being able to have meals made on a mass scale and not to not use cooking fuels they were able to produce edible products created quickly for a large number of soldiers in a greatly reduced time-factor.
After the war, this was discovered by the allies, these documents and the actual machines were transferred to the united states (where the marketing machine could start rolling). It is interesting to note that The Russians had also retrieved some microwave ovens and now have thorough research on their biological effects. As a result, their use was outlawed in the Soviet union.
Now over 90% of homes (US research) have microwave ovens used for meal preparation. Because microwave ovens are so convenient and energy efficient a kitchen does not feel right without one. I know I have gotten odd looks when I have asked landlords to remove the microwave. The reality is however that very few homes or restaurants are without them. Unfortunately people believe that there food cooked in a microwave is just as healthy if cooked by other means. However as we will discuss this is far from the truth. Of course, if microwave ovens were really harmful, our government would never allow them on the market, would they? I have not personally used a microwave for over 7 years (except for being in NZ this year and a cafe put my food in a microwave and I didnt have the courage to say I want my money back).
Reasons to Throw out your Microwave Oven
1. Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
2. Another study in Vienna warned that microwaving breast milk “can lead to structural, functional and immunological changes,” and that microwaves transform the amino acid L-proline into D-proline, a proven toxin to the nervous system, liver and kidneys.
3. In Russia, microwave ovens were banned in 1976 because of their negative health consequences and many studies were conducted on their use.
4. Microwaving prepared meats sufficiently to insure sanitary ingestion caused formation of d-Nitrosodienthanolamines, a well-known carcinogen.
5. Microwaving milk and cereal grains converted some of their amino acids into carcinogens along with cooked, raw or frozen vegetables.
6. Carcinogenic free radicals were formed in microwaved plants, especially root vegetables, also decreasing there nutritional value.
7. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term – permanent – brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
8. The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
9. The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
10. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables. Eight volunteers ate various combinations of the same foods cooked different ways. All foods that were processed through the microwave ovens caused changes in the blood of the volunteers. Hemoglobin levels decreased and over all white cell levels and cholesterol levels increased. Lymphocytes decreased.
Whether you believe the studies about cancerous claims that are out there regarding microwaved food, or simply don’t want to lose the essential nutrients that our food has to offer, then the microwave really is not for you. . Like most things in life, if you learn to rely on it, you cant live without it. However as soon as you throw it out and actually start cooking, it will soon feel the most unnatural thing to “zap” something in the microwave.